Birth, death, marriage, and divorce records from all Wisconsin Counties are available for issue at any Register of Deeds Office in the state, depending on the year the original certificate was issued.
- Birth Records: October 1, 1907 to present
- Death Records: September 1, 2013 to present
- Marriage Records: 1907 to present
- Divorce Records: January 1, 2016 to present
- Tribal Marriage and Divorce Records: January 1, 2016 to present
All records that do not fall within the parameters above can be obtained by the County Register of Deeds where the event occurred or by the State Vital Records Office.
All requests for copies are processed the same day they are received and are mailed to the requestor the same day or the following business day. If you are requesting vital records through the mail, please include a completed application, a copy of your driver’s license, and a self-addressed stamped envelope. We accept check or cash. Please make checks payable to Register of Deeds.
If you require copies of any records, please consult with the office staff and they will make the copies for you. All copies are $20.00 for the 1st copy and $3.00 for each additional copy per record. These include:
- Birth Certification (certified and uncertified)
- Certified Domestic Partnership
- Certified Domestic Partnership Termination
- Death Certification (certified and uncertified)
- Marriage Certification (certified and uncertified)
To speed up the process for a birth record, please call ahead so we can update it in the system, as we are now electronic. The Vital Statistics Law in Wisconsin went into effect June 1, 1907 and the records before that time are incomplete.