Every family wants their child to grow and learn to their fullest potential. Some children who have developmental delays or disabilities and their families may want support in understanding their child's unique development. One way this support is provided is through early intervention. The Wisconsin early intervention program is known as the Wisconsin Birth to 3 Program.
The Birth to 3 Program is for children ages birth to 36 months. Eligibility is based on a diagnosed disability or significant delay in one or more areas of development. The team will evaluate the child's ability to:
- Learn (cognitive development)
- Move, see, and hear (physical/motor development)
- Communicate and understand other's communication (speech and language development)
- Respond to and relate with others (social and emotional development)
- Eat, dress, and care for daily living needs (adaptive development)
Making a referral to our program is easy to do. Simply call or fax us, and we will take it from there! The phone number for Calumet County Human Services is (920) 849-1400, while the fax number is (920) 849-1468.
For further information, please view our Birth to 3 Brochure, Early Intervention Services Brochure, Frequently Asked Questions List, or visit the state website.